New distro

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Jan 28 20:21:07 CST 2002

> From: Jonathan Hale [mailto:maclaoch at earthlink.net]
Funny how several of us are thinking the same way. This definitely
points to a need in the community.

> directed studies at Ottawa University (Operating Systems and Systems
> Analysis) but found out today when I was doing my degree plan
> that probably
> wouldn't be a possibility.  Both of these classes are much
> more structured
> than that (i.e. the instructor still picks out the textbooks and what
> exactly you will work on).  I even started working on a
Maybe for a master's thesis!

> Needless to say, this would be a monumental
> undertaking...
Which is why I'm asking for help. I am not looking to make a beehive
distro. That is not for the sheepish. I want one that any user could
use, and still be able to get an (at least somewhat) optimized system.
And one that isn't a pain to upgrade on. I will have to pull down gentoo
and try it on a spare system. I'll post my review. I'll also check out
linuxfromscratch and start working on a game plan. God, I can't believe
I'm actually going to try to tackle something like this!

Brian
"Mad Linux Scientist in training"