New distro

Jonathan Hale maclaoch at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 28 22:13:40 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Brian Densmore <DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com>
To: <kclug at kclug.org>
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 2:18 PM
Subject: RE: New distro

> Maybe for a master's thesis!

Just worried about finishing my bachelor's degree first.  (Sounds like I'm
going to be working 40+ hours starting Wednesday, not to mention 11 credit
hours of classes... and I thought I was busy when I worked for Block...
*grins*)  I do have some ideas, though, and would like to be involved...

> And one that isn't a pain to upgrade on. I will have to pull down gentoo
> and try it on a spare system. I'll post my review. I'll also check out

For anyone who's interested in trying Gentoo and doesn't have a broadband
connection (or just doesn't feel like going through the effort of
downloading it and burning the ISO to a CDR), it is on the latest coverdisc
that comes with Linuxformat magazine (available in most Borders bookstores
around the area...)