Now What? New Distribution Woes

justinmwright.com justin at justinmwright.com
Wed Feb 13 03:45:12 CST 2002

Before Linux loads, try to get to the LILO boot prompt.  I use control-x in
my setup.  init is the mother of all processes, so the loader needs to find
init.

try:

linux boot=/bin/sh

or

You can also try to boot into single user mode by passing 1 or single as the
last argument.

It may also be the way you have your HDs configured. Which one is slave,
which is master?

Good luck.