Was AOL letter, now forking

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Feb 6 14:13:53 CST 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Turk

>Brian, building and refining on Brad's point,
>is most certainly correct; however, it should
>also be added that a new system is dead as soon
>as there are standards which are strongly enforced
>and adhered to. ...
I don't buy that reasoning. Standards help to create
a common working ground and every computer program written
conforms to standards. Without standards, my C code wouldn't
necessarily compile on your C compiler and vice versa.

>I don't think many will wish to return to the
>intellectual oppression of standards. 8^P
Of course this whole reply could just have been flame-bait. And I love
a good hot-fiery bowl of Chili, so bring it on.
;')

>Thus spake the master programmer:
>        "Let the programmers be many and the managers be few —
>             then all be productive"
>                -- Geoffrey James, "The Tao of Programming"

Brian