new distro

Monty J. Harder lists at kc.rr.com
Tue Feb 12 04:55:32 CST 2002

"Brian Densmore" <DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com> wrote:

> Ah, yes. My language skills have been slipping, (first thing to go when
> you start getting old). I meant to say "may".

  Branding Iron Tux is GPLed. <g>  [640x480 JPEG direct to you, avoiding the
list]

> I'd like some input on what packages should be included.

  Where there is a clear standard, stick to it.

> I also plan on giver "expert" installers the option to add/pull (or
> perhaps on different CDs) down any package they want. This way, users

  Yep.  Get it to where a standard desktop user can get up and running with
a single CD.  Give them the tools to get something else if they want it, but
just not on CD#1.  And if they don't have CD#__, there should always be an
URL to back that up.