two questions

Eric Gilliland jegilliland at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 4 17:29:12 CST 2002

Hello All,

I hope you all have power again in your homes.  I agree that Linux is not
for everyone, but it is getting closer.  I am running it and I am not a
computer professional.  I basically only go to Windows now to play games and
do work stuff.  I have been able to install and use mandrake with a minimum
of trouble, albeit with a lot of help form the kind people on this list.
Linux is making strides towards becoming a more viable alternative to
windows.  The recent decision by IBM to support linux will help a lot, I
think.

Now to my questions.  First, I (think I) know that I have to make changes to
a file (fstab?) to allow mandrake 8.1 to read my windows XP NTFS partition.
Does anyone know what file to change and how to change it?

I have asked my second question before but have not gotten an answer, so
I'll try again.  How do I uninstall a program that was NOT installed via
RPM?  The program in question is Quake III for linux.

Thanks in advance and have a good week.

Eric Gilliland

J. Eric Gilliland
jegilliland at hotmail.com
Meet it is I set it down, that one may smile, and smile, and be a villain.
Hamlet Act 1 Scene 5