konqueror wont die and other weird issues

Matt Luettgen matt at tccassociates.net
Tue Dec 17 14:01:28 CST 2002

I'm on a mandrake 8.2 box and I started konqueror as a user, browsed the
net for a few hours and closed it. I decided an hour ago I'd update my
system with urpmi --auto-select.  After it downloaded the packages it
tried to install.  Now its hung at that point.  I started KPM to see if
it was alive or not and noticed that konqueror was still up with its
child processes.  I attempted to kill konqueror itself with no luck (I
threw every signal possible at it as root) and it wont die.  So I
killed the child/parent processes and I still cannot kill it.  I also
cannot kill the urpmi process.  Any suggestions on what to do short of
a reboot? (I'm sure if I do that I'll reboot to a dead system)

ML