OT: U.S. firms move IT overseas

Jared jared at trios.org
Thu Dec 12 15:44:05 CST 2002

Think about it in more generous terms. The United States
could handle a little recession. The countries who are
getting these outsourced jobs have been in "recession"
for the past 50 years or more. Rather than think of it
in what is best for _you_ think of it in terms of what
is best for all 6 billion of us. This is not about leftwing
politics, it's about humility and common sense.

The strongest economy in the world for the past 50 years
can handle a little bit of sharing the pie.

Tariffs create contention. The best way to keep jobs
here is to convince buyers to buy quality. This is a
proactive move, rather than a reactive move.

I'm all for outsourcing, because I know that American
quality is a real commodity, in the long run.

-Jared