OT: U.S. firms move IT overseas + H1B's here at home

Hanasaki JiJi hanasaki at hanaden.com
Thu Dec 12 02:51:15 CST 2002

H1B Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.ins.gov/graphics/howdoi/h1b.htm
http://www.doleta.gov/business/dflc.asp
	- Application is $130
	- regular H1B is 6 yrs and then 1 yr outside USA
	- H1B's allowed on defense projects for 10 yrs
	- 195,000 H1B's issued per year

Why will the offshore increase so much?
"In 2004, the number of aliens who can be issued an H-1B visa or be
provided H-1B status otherwise will revert to 65,000."

--
= Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the     =
=       right things.    - Peter Drucker                        =