Mozilla 1.2.1 and jared's cluster

david nicol whatever at davidnicol.com
Sat Dec 7 03:39:38 CST 2002

Here's what to do with Jared's cluster.  We set up a /usr/local/bin
on it that can be mounted onto all members' machines over not NFS
but something with a huge local cache -- perhaps CODA? -- and then
Rich plays gatekeeper to the write privs to that directory.

Centralization of administration functions.  When the kclug central
admin committee decides it's upgrade time, all participatants are
upgraded, through the magic of CODAfs noticing that the mod time
on the server has changed.

Or, a very very light linux distribution that is a single floppy
that performs DHCP and then contacts HQ ( for coordinates to the
closest mirror ) and downloads whatever the user wants; and
registers itself with the general CPU grid.

Participating users would not even get to be root on their own machines,
maybe.

--
David Nicol, independent consultant and contractor            312 587 2868