error opening shadow group file

Brad Crotchett brad at ispn.net
Fri Dec 6 22:22:53 CST 2002

The contents of /etc/pam.d/system-auth are as follows:

#%PAM-1.0
# This file is auto-generated.
auth        required      /lib/security/pam_env.so
auth        sufficient    /lib/security/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
auth        required      /lib/security/pam_deny.so

account     required      /lib/security/pam_unix.so

password    required      /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so retry=3 type=
password    sufficient    /lib/security/pam_unix.so nullok use_authtok
md5 shadow
password    required      /lib/security/pam_deny.so

session     required      /lib/security/pam_limits.so
session     required      /lib/security/pam_unix.so

The contents of other are:

#%PAM-1.0
auth     required       /lib/security/pam_deny.so
account  required       /lib/security/pam_deny.so
password required       /lib/security/pam_deny.so
session  required       /lib/security/pam_deny.so

Does this help?

Thanks,

Brad