error opening shadow group file

Jeremy Fowler jfowler at westrope.com
Fri Dec 6 22:37:45 CST 2002

> The contents of /etc/pam.d/system-auth are as follows:

> account     required      /lib/security/pam_unix.so
>
> password    required      /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so retry=3 type=

Is there supposed to be something there after 'type='? Everything looks the same
as mine except for that 'type=' part. Try removing that so it reads:

password    required      /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so retry=3

I'm not sure that's the problem though... :-{ I'll do some more research and see
what I come up with.