biased feeling against 3com

Marvin Bellamy Marvin.Bellamy at innovision.com
Thu Aug 22 13:50:10 CDT 2002

I've used the old 3com cards and never had a problem.  I'm curious about
the problem Patrick had with them on a dual-booting machine.  I've had
issues with NICs on dual booting machines.  The problem?  Windows must
leave the card in some inappropriate state after a soft reboot
(restart).  It sometimes takes a hard reboot (power down) to get the NIC
to work properly.  Note, I had this problem on my workstation (AMD 500,
motherboard SiS), but when I upgraded the system (AMD 1600, Elite
motherboard), that problem disappeared.  It took *forever* to figure
that one out :(