biased feeling against 3com

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Thu Aug 22 13:14:52 CDT 2002

Wow! I've never had any problems with 3Com NICs. I've found them to be
very reliable in Linux/Win/dual boot. I have 3C905Bs and had only one
problem with them. One had bet forced and set into 10MB half duplex
mode. This required a reset from dos. Of course 3Coms are expensive so I
only buy used ones. I actually prefer 3Coms. Had problems with some
others, currently have a stock of some real cheapy no-name NICs I bought
for a great value. I had to upgrade my kernel to use them because of the
driver issues. But they've been great since.