software to page me

Eric Rossiter rossiter at discoverynet.com
Wed Aug 21 00:24:50 CDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 13:41, Michael wrote:
> My favorite solution is a web enabled cell phone with email notification
> turned on. Then you can have the site email you if it needs anything and
> if you create a page that can show stats etc accessible by your phones web
> browser then you can even check in and fix some problems remotely from
> anywhere.

Yep,

I have a VoiceStream cell and after a little poking around guess what I
found?  To make a short story even shorter, the boss downed the servers
after I left, and the novelty has already worn off... but, hey, he's
happy and that's what counts.

On a side thread, I use NetSaint for network monitoring. I believe it
will do everything BB will do.  NetSaint is no longer though, now it's
nessus I believe.

Thanks for your input everyone,