Cell-Capable Modems

DCT Jared Smith jared at dctkc.com
Fri Aug 16 13:59:36 CDT 2002

So you have less freedom, it sounds. Is this for more
or less money? The question is rhetorical. I'm with
Brian on this. Turn off the cellphone and enjoy the game.

Strange how cool gadgets can evolve into leashes, once
the coolness wears off. I wouldn't use a cell-phone or a
pager, unless my job is something like delivery, where it
is a tool, not a 'convenience' or a leash.

Of course, the other solution would be to realize the gravity
of your responsibility to DST, and ALWAYS immediately
leave every ballgame whenever you are paged. This would
give you a very high work ethic, and soon DST would stop
paging you for trivial matters, because they would see that
you really care about your work. Hard to do in this world,
where all 'important people' play golf all afternoon.