Cell-Capable Modems

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Fri Aug 16 14:17:47 CDT 2002

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, DCT Jared Smith wrote:

[snip]
> Of course, the other solution would be to realize the gravity
> of your responsibility to DST, and ALWAYS immediately
> leave every ballgame whenever you are paged. This would
> give you a very high work ethic, and soon DST would stop
> paging you for trivial matters, because they would see that
> you really care about your work. Hard to do in this world,
> where all 'important people' play golf all afternoon.

First off - in recommending the following reading I find it necessary to
first preface that I'm not on my traditional soap box on this one...
and I certainly don't want to be the one to "cast the first stone" so to
speak.  With that said:

I HIGHLY recommend folks read "The Man Who Mistook His Job for a Life: A
Chronic Overachiever Finds the Way Home", authored by Jonathon Lazear.
(ISBN:0609608460)

I certainly understand the need for ensuring things stay up and running
- and yeah, I spend a good deal of time in off hours for upgrades and
the like.  I guess I myself am quite fortunate in that I get comp time
for it.  If I'm here tonight, I won't be tommorow... if I am, then a
three day weekend is in order, etc.

/me shrugs   It makes a bigger difference now that I have a three year
old boy at home...
Dustin

--
| Dustin Decker                     |
| http://www.dustindecker.com |"They use different words for things in  |
| Moon-Lite Computing         | America.  For instance they say evevator|
| 913.579.7117                | and we say lift.  They drapes and we say|
*-----------------------------| curtains.  They say president and we say|
                              | brain damaged git."                     |
                              |		-- Alexie Sayle                 |