What a bunch of crap!

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Thu Aug 15 12:58:51 CDT 2002

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Mark Hutchings wrote:

> Well, SnapNames doesnt "guarentee" that they will get the domain for
> you. But the thing that pisses me off is, I've been calling Verisign
> once every week or every other week at times trying to get information
> on when Verisign is going to release DESYNERGY.COM.  Now all of a sudden,
> someone from Verisign gets the domain name for 2 years and Verisign NEVER
> released the domain name!  AAaaarrrggghh!

My big question for Verisign right now is one of trust.  Being the
defacto certificate authority that they are, you would _think_ they
would never do _anything_ that might erode that trust.  (I guess that's
what I get for thinking eh?)

I mean hell... first they spam folks who are registered with the
competition, then they direct mail 'em invoices that are confusing
enough to fool them into paying Verisign WAY MORE than their crappy
services are worth.

I for one will never do business with a company such as this - and since
I want them to know about it you'll note I've cc'ed the investor
relations and other similar e-mail addresses from their website.

Dustin

--
| Dustin Decker                     |
| http://www.dustindecker.com | "And it should be the law: If you use   |
| Moon-Lite Computing         | the word `paradigm' without knowing     |
| 913.579.7117                | what the dictionary says it means, you  |
*-----------------------------| go to jail. No exceptions."             |
                              |		-- David Jones                  |