OS arguments

Eric Gilliland jegilliland at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 20 16:02:43 CST 2001

Jeez,

I just want to know if I can do a clean install (updating from Win ME) of
Win XP and then install Mandrake 8.1 to dual boot my new 'puter.

But Win 95 as the most stable version?!? Not in my experience, but it varies
from machine to machine, I guess.  Win ME has been fairly stable on my new
Dell 8100 P4.  I assume it also depends what you are doing.  A lot of you
folks are obviously IT pros, whereas I am not.  I just want to play games,
surf the net, and learn html.

Anyway, I have found a linux compatible modem.  It is a Zoom external Model
2949.  Anybody had experience with installing one of these on a linux box?
I plan to uninstall my POS conextant winmodem that came in my dell and
replace it with this thing, so I can use it in Win and Mandrake Linux.

Anyway, sorry to start the OS argument (again).

Linux newbie,

Eric Gilliland

J. Eric Gilliland
jegilliland at hotmail.com
Meet it is I set it down, that one may smile, and smile, and be a villain.
Hamlet Act 1 Scene 5