Win XP and repartitioning

Jeremy Fowler jfowler at westrope.com
Tue Nov 20 20:36:03 CST 2001

Well MaximumPC Magazine gave WindowsXP a perfect 10 and a Kick-Ass award in the
November (Must-Have Hardware) issue. They claim it's Microsoft's best OS ever.

What we like: Win2000 stability and WinME game support combine with great
all-around performance to make a must-have OS upgrade.

What we hate: Inevitable driver incompatibilities hinder almost any new OS, and
we're still a bit concerned with the annoyance that Product Activation may
bring.

Then again MaximumPC is nothing what it used to be. Every issue I get the
feeling that they've been bought and editor/writer integrity has been
compromised. They used to be a really good magazine back in the day when they
were called Boot. Ever since they merged with Home PC, they just haven't been
the same. I still subscribe though, I need something to read when I'm on the
shitter. ;-) Too bad the stopped printing Maximum Linux, I enjoyed that mag a
lot.

-Jeremy