Was LCA Certification - intro and marketing ideas

Tony Zafiropoulos tonyz at ctitek.com
Wed Apr 25 17:55:47 CDT 2001

Hello all,

I am not sure if I formally introduced myself....

Some time ago I started lurking on this list, for various reasons (I
thought Kansas City was fairly close and maybe I would once make it there
to meet everyone).

I have a consulting company in Saint Louis (Chesterfield actually), we
sell and service Linux and Winxxx systems. (We are a small company <5 )

One of the questions to you, Jose,(if I was interviewing you :) would be:

What do you want to do???  What _excites_ you????

If Linux/Computers excite you and you gain certification, then all you
need is experience to get a job that you truly want (or think that you
want)

As far as Linuxgruven is concerned....  I am happy that it is relatively
over.  I would like to focus on the future and, if anything, try to put
together something that may prevent this in the future.

If there was an entity stating what LG was doing to the press and their
customers, maybe it would not have mushroomed to the nuclear level.

I have started a marketing meeting (no technical topics) between several
community members here in Saint Louis. (includes other consultants and
active members)

We had a meeting with 9 attendees to discuss how to market Linux in the
Saint Louis market.

We are going to pool some of our resources to promote Linux at the ITEC
show and other ideas.  (Bob Young, Chairman of RedHat is coming to Saint
Louis ITEC -- http://www.sluug.org/ITEC)

Is this an apropriate topic on the list???

Please email to me directly if not.

Thanks.

Tony

--
Tony Zafiropoulos
CTiTEK, Inc.
tonyz at ctitek.com
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character
 give him power."
 -- Abraham Lincoln