Kitten needs a home

Jonathan hutchins at opus1.com
Sat Apr 21 02:09:22 CDT 2001

We find we suddenly have a half-grown female Orange Marmalade tabby living
on our screen porch.  We think she got very vocal about wanting attention,
perhaps because she went into heat, and somebody dumped her in the park
across the street.

She has medium long fur, not like a Persian but with a definite Cavalier
Plume tail.

She's very affectionate - she'll walk right up my chest and rub her head on
my chin, and she makes sure that all available laps get equal time.  She
likes to climb up on my shoulders and talk about it.  She's very good with
her claws, and understood immediately when I asked her to be careful with
them on my skin.

We think she's been an indoor kitty, and she knows to use a cat box.  She
says indoors is where she belongs, and she hasn't strayed far from the
screen porch.

We have her scheduled with our vet on Monday, but we really can't take her
into this house with two very opinionated older cats already itching for
more personal space.  They've both expressed displeasure with the kitten
hanging around the house already.  We would be glad to help with neutering
and vaccination if she could just find some people to love her - she really
needs love.

I've put some pictures of her on a web page at

http://www.therune.com/therune/hutchins/crush/crush.html

She climbed around on my shoulders yesterday as I worked on my BMW, rubbing
my ear and offering advice.  She'd be a great companion to someone willing
to return the affection.