Novell uptimes

Jonathan hutchins at opus1.com
Fri Apr 20 23:25:27 CDT 2001

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mike Hoskins [mailto:mikehoskins at yahoo.com]

> Why would this start a flame war?

Well, because I'm here <grin>.

I'll admit, I've only seen one or two Novell servers that had problems, but
problems they did have - they'd suddenly deny access for no apparent reason,
and have to be rebooted.  Or suddenly the permissions would get screwy.

And I'll say again: I put two NT 4.0 servers on-line in March of 1999, and
there has been ONE unplanned outage for about fifteen minutes on one server.
I'd call two years pretty good uptime.  We will have to take one of 'em down
this year to add drives to the array and more RAM.

And I have a solid block of titanium here that's been up longer than any
stinkin' Novell server - and it's far more useful to me!