Anybody out there?

Edgar Allen era at sky.net
Fri Apr 6 22:12:50 CDT 2001

>Basically, I need to run an ansi or VT100 terminal, and the system is
>forcing a Wyse60 term type on me.  I am hoping that I can put in something
>similar to 'export TERM=ansi' in the .bashrc file. Works great on linux...
>don't know what the equivalent would be under AIX.

TERM is an environment variable of your shell.

Two shells will not accept the export line above,
Bourne and C-shell.

With Bourne yo must break it into two lines like this...

    TERM=ansi
    export TERM

With C-shell they do not have the export command instead
use 'setenv' and a SPACE between the variableneme and the value...

    setenv TERM ansi

You can find out what shell you are running by...

    echo $SHELL