Anybody out there?

Mike Coleman mkc at mathdogs.com
Mon Apr 9 00:36:55 CDT 2001

"Chris Midkiff" <chris at datacaptech.com> writes:
> Basically, I need to run an ansi or VT100 terminal, and the system is
> forcing a Wyse60 term type on me.  I am hoping that I can put in something
> similar to 'export TERM=ansi' in the .bashrc file. Works great on linux...
> don't know what the equivalent would be under AIX.
>
> Any ideas?

Yes, something like that should work, I would think.  If your shell on that
machine isn't bash, you'll have to change the syntax of that and the file you
put it in (as with any environment variable).  The concept sounds right,
though.

--Mike

Mike Coleman, mkc at mathdogs.com
  http://www.mathdogs.com -- problem solving, expert software development