New (BIG) hard drive - how to move?

The Hoelschers mohoel at bigfoot.com
Sat Apr 7 04:14:42 CDT 2001

Hi.  I know I've seen this before, and I even kept a copy in my email,
but when my system crashed some time ago, I lost my disk.  Fortunately,
I had an old spare lying around and was back up in no time, but with
limited space.  Well, I finally picked up a decent sized drive, now I
want to;

- move/copy everything from one to the other,
- remove the original
- be able to boot from the new.

This is a Linux only system, running Mandrake 7.2 at the moment.  I'm
just certain a straight cp *   is too simple to enable the booting
afterward.  Am I just paranoid?

Thanks -
Chris H.