New Red Hat

Randy Rathbun randy at randyrathbun.org
Tue Sep 26 21:57:36 CDT 2000

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Bradley Miller wrote:
> New features in Red Hat Linux 7
> - USB support for mice and keyboards

Dunno if any of you have tried USB yet, but under SuSE 6.4 it rocks. Took
a bit for me to figure out what the heck I needed to do, but it works
great now.

Also, anyone know how to set up multiple mice? I have this nice Logitech
optical usb mouse, but it would also be handy to use the eraser head
pointer thingy on my ThinkPad.

> Red Hat Linux 7 is a complete solution for workstations or servers
> - Customized notifications and proactive updates via Red Hat Network

This is a cool selling point, but has anyone heard any prices for
RHN? Granted, one could just use autorpm or something, but still...

--

Randy Rathbun
randy at randyrathbun.org
http://randyrathbun.org  - Personal stuff
http://quitequitefantastic.org  - Nerd News!
I refuse to participate in HackSDMI.
      See http://www.eff.org/pub/EFF/Newsletters/EFFector/current.html

"Doctor, I have a ringing in my ears." "Don't answer!"
     -Henny Youngman