Smily flame to Brad Miller

mike neuliep mike at illiana.net
Tue Sep 26 21:24:29 CDT 2000

Brad,

Just wanted to say, I started this listserv because I thought it'd be kind of
cool and no one else in KC was doing it.  As list admin, I do the best I can
within the free time I have available.  Some things I just don't have a lot of
time to do.  Some things, like the website, I've delegated to whomever wanted
to take up the responsibility.  We're on our third or fourth webmaster so the
job definately isn't that glorious.  I have a huge wishlist of things to do for
the listserv, however my personal situation really doesn't help maintenance.
If you knew my personal situation, I'm 100% sure you'd take back everything you
said.  I'm struggling to keep my head above water with everything I have to do.
As far as my Linux and network administration my resume speaks for itself.  Not
to brag, but I've found only a small number of people that I'd truly consider
peers.

Now with that said, if you'd be willing to manage the listserv and do all the
tasks on my wishlist, I'd be very interested in the help, because Lord knows
I can use all the help I can get at this stage in my life.

One other thing, have you read the links that Hal Duston has provided us about
the reply-to: issue?  I'm interested in your feedback on these links.

Also does your mail program run on Linux?  Both pine and mailx will properly
reply to the list on my system so I never really considered it a big deal.
To be honest, (wearing kevlar flame retardant body condom) typing in
'mail kclug at kclug.org' or just the e-mail address isn't the end of the world.

	-- Mike Neuliep
	   Sysadmin of several domains
	   mike at illiana.net