Mail headers kclug mlist

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Tue Sep 26 19:59:02 CDT 2000

At 11:59 PM 9/25/00 -0500, you wrote:
>  Apparently this happened by accident, but the Hard Core Contingent
>wants it kept that way.  So, you have to specify that the reply is going
>to kclug at kclug.org explicitly.  Or of your mail software is smart enough,
>it might give you a "reply to list" option.  Mine isn't, so I set up an
>alias so I don't have to type so much.

Actually I think this is a load of BS -- I don't think that we should have
to jump through hoops to email the list just because we couldn't control a
boo-boo from an autoresponder.  Most mailing lists I've been working with
will allow you to do enough blocking or other manipulation to prevent such
problems and to make administration very easy.   Typing the list name in
just to get the email to go off is a VERY HUGE pain in the A**!    Why
don't we worry about the exceptions to the rule instead of punishing all
for this????   If the list admin is doing their thing, they should be able
to bounce someone *very* quickly.  For a Linux users group, we certainly
don't seem to have a lot of programming/administration talent for running
this mailing list.

-- Bradley Miller