What's the opposite of a cat? .fcSIn2qW.nYSM.ldmZldaQnYya.lcua.iGa.ici3Fa.

Monty J. Harder dmonster at juno.com
Tue Sep 26 04:24:30 CDT 2000

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 07:29:48 -0500 "Monty J. Harder" <dmonster at juno.com>
writes:

... I know, because I was there!

> > Is this too simple to use for encryption of standard mail?  It
> might
>

>   Yes.  It's specifically coded to take as its input three "words"

  Not any more.  I merged the two scripts (Larry Wall's, as modified by
Col. Klink; and the reverser Tony talked me into writing) and generalized
it for more than three words.  If a line of input is more than one word,
or a single word that doesn't begin and end with a period, you'll receive
a .garbage.more.garbage. output that looks just like what the 'cat sends.
 Otherwise, the script will try to decode it.  [Tony:  This is what I was
talking about for your web site.]

  Note that the two operations can be mixed in a single invocation of the
program.  One line of input might be 'cat, and the next be text to
convert into 'cat language.

#! /usr/bin/perl -n
if ( /S+s+S+/ || !(/..+./) )
{
 print map
 {
  $_ = unpack 'x1a*',
  pack( 'u',$_ ^ "C" x length());
  s/`+/ /g;
  chop;
  tr/ -~/a-zA-Z0-9+-/;
  $_=".".$_;
 } /(S+)/g;
print ".n";
}
else
{
 print map
 {
  if (length())
  {
   tr/a-zA-Z0-9+-/ -_/;
   $_ = unpack 'u',
   chr(32+length()*3/4) . $_;
   s/0+$//;
   $_ ^= ("C" x length)." ";
  }
print "n";
}

  This makes it much easier to encode longer sentences.

.fYSQma.lIiOjJa.kJCa.lJyGkWa.jIiWkIyX.nYWa.jI0GlcCM.lYWTjcyX.mcyTnYyTicyW
Bqa.

 This crap looks almost like Klingon! <g>
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.