E-Mail Troubles With Comcast@home

gdascher gdascher at mail.planetkc.com
Tue Sep 26 04:11:10 CDT 2000

I finally got my internet connection to work through Comcast at home using RedHat 6.2 on a P5-166 as a
gateway/router.  The problem that I am now having is that I cannot send mail from one of my
networked PCs using Netscape Navigator.  I have the POP3 mail server and SMTP mail server set up
the way they are supposed to be, BUT every time I try to send mail, I get a message that the Mail
server cannot be found.  Are there any specific services that I should be running on my gateway box
to help facilitate this?  I am currently not running sendmail on the gateway box, and when I
started it up, I still could not send any messages.  I have not read anything about this in any of
the HOW-TOs, so I'm hoping that someone out there can help me out.

Thanks,
Gene Dascher