kclug 11-21-00

Monty J. Harder dmonster at juno.com
Wed Nov 22 00:14:51 CST 2000

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000 08:28:27 -0600 Brian Densmore
<DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com> writes:
> Are you Nuts! KC downtown is probably the WORST metro I've ever seen.
> Just
> try to find an address on 35th street. First you need to figure out
> which
> 35th street you need to be on, 'cause if you get on the wrong one
> you can't
> get there from here, and PRAY you don't cross over into Kansas and

  Only as difficult as knowing /bin from /usr/bin...

  There is no 35th street downtown.  There is only one in Midtown, which
is as close as one gets.  Whether the address is east or west tells you
all you need to know.   (The other two 35th streets are in the Northland
and KCK.  )  The only place you're allowed to be confused is on the
Johnson/Wyandotte county line, which street is called 47th by JO and
County Line Road by WY, at the intersection with what JO calls Antioch
and WY calls 47th.  From that intersection, you can go in 3 different
directions and still be on 47th Street (either West 47th or South 47th,
depending, which should give you a clue.)

  Or is it as difficult as knowing the difference between RH and Debian?
<g>
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.