LinuxFest 2000 Update Part 2

Jeffrey Watts watts at jayhawks.net
Wed Jun 21 17:47:37 CDT 2000

On 21 Jun 2000, Mike Coleman wrote:

> That sounds like pretty bad news; it's pretty difficult to imagine
> what might have precipitated this.  I wonder what the scoop is.

Two problems:  Greg Palmer promised 12 roadies to help RH set up their
booth -- turns out Mr Palmer had only 12 _total_, and 6 were loaned out to
Informix.  Second, many of the machines drop-shipped from Dell didn't
work.

This info comes second hand from a KULUA member that was there with ESR,
so don't quote me.

KULUA's going to have a raucous dinner this Friday night with Emmett of
/. in Lawrence.  We're also going to try and Shanghai some of the other
notables at the convo.

Send me a private email if you'd like to be included.

J.

| Jeffrey Watts                     |
| Systems Programmer         | "Ten persons who speak make more noise  |
| Network Systems Management |  than ten thousand who are silent."     |
| Sprint Communications      |  -- Napolean Bonaparte                  |