LinuxFest 2000 Update Part 2

Mike Coleman mcoleman2 at kc.rr.com
Wed Jun 21 07:14:33 CDT 2000

Altona Duston <hald at sound.net> writes:
> Sometime during the dinner, disaster struck.  RedHat is going home before
> the trade show starts.  I don't know exactly what happened, but I have heard
> rumors about several other vendors who are also upset.  I don't know what
> this means, but we are going to have to try even harder to try to make
> LinuxFest the best possible that we can at this point.  I am going to go to
> the trade show tomorrow around ten.

That sounds like pretty bad news; it's pretty difficult to imagine what might
have precipitated this.  I wonder what the scoop is.

I don't know if it's related, but I'm kind of frustrated at the apparent lack
of detailed schedule information on the LinuxFest web site.  I thought about
coming down to see Larry Augustin speak tonight, but the web site doesn't say
anything more than "evening" for a time, and it's not really clear whether a
fee was required or not, so I decided to skip it.

I'd like to hear Marc speak tomorrow evening, but similarly, it's not clear
when or where this will happen ("Kansas Beef Steak Fry"?).  And Friday
evening's speaker is still TBD?  I'm planning to come down anyway, but it all
seems a bit "by the seat of one's pants" compared to other conferences I've
been to.

--Mike

--
Any sufficiently adverse technology is indistinguishable from Microsoft.