LinuxFest 2000 Update Part 2

Tony Hammitt thammitt at kc.rr.com
Wed Jun 21 23:57:51 CDT 2000

Yes, and now Informix has pulled out, too.

Basically, the story is that we need everyone in both groups
to actually come and attend the show.  Really.  You will want
to be there tomorrow.  The presenters are hijacking the show
and we're trying to end the week on a positive note.

Someone mentioned a quake pit, where there would apparently
be a bit of a tournament going on.

We need to get the KUKUA folks to actually come to the show
and stay there.  There were a bunch that came with ESR, but
they left when he did, too.  They seem to be much younger
than KCLUG average members, but that may be a
misrepresentation skewed by whoever wanted to attend the
Geeks with Guns earlier.  I don't know, I'm not judging
anyone, just stating an observation.

On the whole, I think that the show has been a lot of fun
and we'll have more news later.  But for now, COME TO THE
SHOW!!!  The event is dying for lack of attendees.

Call in sick, take time off, whatever you have to to get
the event back on its feet.  It should be worth your time.

Regards,

Tony Hammitt