LinuxFest 2000 Update Part 2

Altona Duston hald at sound.net
Wed Jun 21 06:06:28 CDT 2000

I have just returned from LinuxFest 2000 in the Overland Park
International Trade Center.  Upon arrival this morning, large
vendors where finishing setting up there booths.  I sat in on
Bruce Perens VC talk, and it was quite interesting.  He spoke
on how to write a proper Business Plan in order to obtain the
financing from the next stage.  IEmerge Ventures, LLC. talked
about accelerators.  We got our power connection about 1 this
afternoon, the net connectivity should be available tomorrow.
I took Bruce Perens back to the airport, and then went to the
Larry Augustin dinner/talk at Dick Clarks American Bandstand.
Sometime during the dinner, disaster struck.  RedHat is going
home before the trade show starts.  I don't know exactly what
happened, but I have heard rumors about several other vendors
who are also upset.  I don't know what this means, but we are
going to have to try even harder to try to make LinuxFest the
best possible that we can at this point.  I am going to go to
the trade show tomorrow around ten.

Hal Duston
hald at sound.net
Boring is good.