Problem installing Apps

Ben Webb brwebb at transmuto.com
Wed Jul 12 15:12:42 CDT 2000

>checking for kde headers installed... yes
>checking for kde libraries installed... configure: error:
>your system fails at linking a small KDE application!
>Check, if your compilier is installed correctly and if you
>have used the same compilier Qt and kdelibs as you did now

If you have an rpm based distrobution (RedHat, SuSE and several others) then you probably need to
run your installation utility and get the kde libraries and the qt libraries(plus the base
packages, if you don't have them installed).  Your other option is to go to http://www.rpmfind.net
and find them there.  The indexing is a little weird, but you can probably figure it out.  Make
sure, before downloading and installing a package, that it is for your distrobution and version.

Once you have the package, install it with rpm -U and try your compile again.

If this doesn't fix it, you need to contact your distibutor (If this is a bug caused by a library
named wrong, I'm sure they've heard about it, and if they haven't then they need to know).

Benjamin R. Webb