IP Masquerade with Junkbuster

Mike Coleman mcoleman2 at kc.rr.com
Mon Jul 10 13:40:38 CDT 2000

dabend at kc.rr.com writes:
>    I've just finish setting up IP masquerade on a Redhat workstation.  It's a
> basic setup that's just for sharing internet access (I have 3 other PCs
> networked - windows and linux).  The IP masquerade works great, but I'm really
> struggling with trying to get junkbuster to work with it.  I've checked every
> Howto I could find but I'm not sure where to start.  I want to set up
> junkbuster on the IP Masquerade workstation and have it filter ads for all of
> the clients.  Is anyone doing this?  Any help would be appreciated.

Far and away the easiest way to do this is to simply have each client use
JunkBuster as its proxy server.  (I don't think it does SSL, so this is a bit
of a limitation.)

You could arrange for outbound port 80 traffic to be forwarded to JunkBuster,
but this is more involved, and the how of it probably depends on which version
of the kernel you're using (everything's different in late 2.3/2.4).

--Mike