[KULUA EVENT] KULUA vs Win2k -- UPDATE (fwd)

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Thu Feb 17 20:26:41 CST 2000

Hopefully you aren't handing out 800 drink coasters . . . or worse . . .
AOL CD's.   ;-)    (Why did they have to stop passing out the free 1.4Mb
disks???)   I think this event might be kind of interesting.  With a
reported 65,000 "issues" in Windows2000 it might be interesting to see who
would switch over to Linux after some thorny issues.

Personally, I'm thinking we're targeting the wrong market the more I'm
thinking of it.  I think we should hold a huge "this is what Linux can do"
meeting that could really impress and blow people away.  I think it would
come off as a more popular program if the people who REALLY wanted to see
an alternative were coming on their own freewill.  Instead we're saying
"psst -- as long as your coming down to the see the latest Gates circus . .
check this out".

It's kind of like standing in front of the Ford dealership with the keys to
a GM for a test drive.  They aren't there to buy or look at a GM, yea you
might get some wishy washy people but that's not the core we need.  Now if
you said "come out and try the latest GM" then you will get the curious and
the ones that might be SERIOUS about a change.

That's just my .02 cents for the day . . . back to work I go.

-- Bradley Miller