[KULUA EVENT] KULUA vs Win2k -- UPDATE (fwd)

Jeffrey Watts watts at jayhawks.net
Thu Feb 17 21:43:55 CST 2000

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Bradley Miller wrote:

> Personally, I'm thinking we're targeting the wrong market the more I'm
> thinking of it.

No, we're targetting the _right_ market.  Who's going to be there?
Managers.  Decision-makers.  _Media_.  Remember, the people that are
interested in Linux are going to seek it out.  Real advocacy isn't
preaching to the choir -- it's talking to the people that otherwise
wouldn't give Linux a chance.

> I think we should hold a huge "this is what Linux can do" meeting that
> could really impress and blow people away.  I think it would come off
> as a more popular program if the people who REALLY wanted to see an
> alternative were coming on their own freewill.  Instead we're saying
> "psst -- as long as your coming down to the see the latest Gates
> circus . . check this out".

Feel free to organize it.  Lots of people have "great" ideas, very few are
willing their money where their mouth is.

J.

| Jeffrey Watts                     |
| Systems Programmer            | "A single death is a tragedy; a     |
| Sprint - Systems Management   |  million deaths is a statistic."    |