Meeting reminder

Jeffrey Watts watts at jayhawks.net
Tue Feb 15 20:40:36 CST 2000

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Tony Hammitt wrote:

> formal way.  Does anyone remember when Apple came out with the
> 'performa' line?  They did it because doubling the number of models
> meant doubling the shelf space at the computer store.  Similarly, it
> is a good idea, to the general public, to have many LUGs.  More LUGs
> looks like more interest and makes Linux look more viable.

Bad analogy -- Performa was a disaster for Apple.  Sure it increased shelf
space, but it killed forecasting (one Apple line was competing against
another) which increased inventory, and the whole scheme confused the
customers in general.

I do get your point, though.  Again, I'm not demanding it, I'm not sure I
even would want it --- I just want to have the discussion now, before
there are any problems.

Thanks,
J.

| Jeffrey Watts                     |
| Systems Programmer            | "Over himself, over his own mind    |
| Sprint - Systems Management   |  and body, the individual is        |
                                |  -- John Stuart Mill, "On Liberty"  |