Meeting reminder

Mark Henderson mahender at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 16 01:54:32 CST 2000

Jeffrey Watts wrote:

[snip]

> Why not one group, multiple meetings?  For some reason people think that
> there has to be one meeting, in one place...

[snip]

> > Enough.  Anyone is of course free to go to either or both groups. But
> > there is no way we should merge.  There is no reason to merge.
>
> I respectfully disagree.  There are very good reasons why we should merge,
> and several reasons why we shouldn't.

Some of the good I see:

1.  There would be a larger number of people that could contribute their
skills to group web site creation and maintenance, or their old hardware
for group server use, or ...  Duplication of effort would be less.

2.  Strength in numbers when asking for stuff or demonstrating :-) , or
maybe just easier to organize and present a common voice e.g. great
press in the Star today.

3.  <selfishly/lazy> Easier to manage subscription to one list.

Kulua'n for a while, KCLUG'er only recently,
Mark Henderson