Meeting reminder

Tony Hammitt thammitt at kc.rr.com
Tue Feb 15 20:22:27 CST 2000

Thanks for the information.  It is possible that others were like
myself and had no idea that you ever met in KC.  To me, the 'things
of interest' are the meetings, where I get to talk to similarly-
minded techies.  Yes, of course the mailing list should be used for
answering questions.  But people don't talk to each other on a
personal basis on the mailing list.  For one thing, every letter I
type is being recorded for posterity in the archives.  This keeps
me from 'talking' to any one person.  If I didn't think that the
group would care, I wouldn't send this message.

I certainly didn't mean to imply that there should be friction between
the groups.  I just don't see any reason to combine the groups in any
formal way.  Does anyone remember when Apple came out with the 'performa'
line?  They did it because doubling the number of models meant doubling
the shelf space at the computer store.  Similarly, it is a good idea,
to the general public, to have many LUGs.  More LUGs looks like more
interest and makes Linux look more viable.

Re: the bi-montly meetings possibly in KC;  We have a dedicated reservation
at the downtown public library for twice a month.  If you want to meet
along with us, with us, or beside us, you are welcome to attend.  We can
push the formal start of the meeting a little later than 6:30 if that
would help.  At this point, I hate to spout off about the group because
I've only been involved for 3 months.  We don't really have centralized
administration.

KULUA, please accept my invitation, for what it's worth, to come to any
KCLUG meeting that you want to attend.

Sincerely,

Tony Hammitt