website building

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Dec 11 14:46:23 CST 2000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Andrew R. Brink [mailto:abrink at brink.cx]
> Subject: Re: website building
>

> Ewwww. Vim is all you need!

Vim? Give me a break. That's fine if you want to build Notre Dame from
scratch (or you're masochistic). But, time is valuable to me.

> On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 09:32:17PM -0600, Randy Rathbun wrote:
> > I agree. PHP rocks. Big time. That is what I run astrodot.org and
> > quitequitefantastic.org on. Granted, I did not write the
> underlying code,
> > but this thing is just so simple to fix problems on it is
> not even funny.

I haven't tried PHP yet, but I will be soon. Just waiting for X-Mas before I
buy a PHP book (my wife'd slay me if I bought one now!).

I use Amaya, it's very good. IBM also has a really nice one (although, if
you keep it, it costs $$$$ money). I like using these tools to build the
basic layout (I can build an entire static website in minutes). Then I use
the Amaya editor to custom fit it and apply my own touches.

Brian