WD/SMC 8013 NIC

mike neuliep mike at illiana.net
Mon Dec 11 15:57:06 CST 2000

Hi All,

I've used this SMC card in a firewall I built once and had a little trouble
with it.  Here's the problems and what I did to fix it:

	Problem: works fine in win32, kernel did not see card even though
		compiled into kernel

	solution: disable plug & play on card, use manual jumpers (mine was a
		jumpered and batteried card), jumper to IRQ3, INT10 io300
		Then compile driver as a module and load as a module (think I
		specified irq, int and io on insmod command line)

I don't know if there was another way, I'm sure there was, however this is what
worked for me.  Hope this helps!

	Mike