Community webserver?

Dave Parker dlparker at dlpinc.com
Fri Apr 21 14:19:37 CDT 2000

I wish I knew how this stuff really works.  I've heard from folks
that I consider to be pretty knowledgeable that if a line will carry
ISDN, it'll carry DSL and that they've had more problems with ISDN
accounts than DSL accounts (my experience, to be sure!).  I am aware,
though, of lots of problems with analog service (dial-up and voice)
in the midtown area, where there has been a fairly high density of
service for a number of years.  There are all sorts of splices, taps,
coils and patchs that don't always result in the cleanest connections
in the world, regardless of distance involved.  The local incumbents do
seem reluctant to give up their money machine, though, or is that just
my imagination?

--
Dave Parker/DLP, Inc.    dlparker at dlpinc.com    www.dlpinc.com