The dominant OS on these lightweights is Linux!

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 27 18:41:26 CDT 2008

--- Oren Beck <orenbeck at gmail.com> wrote:

http://www.liliputing.com/2008/04/over-past-six-months-or-so-asus-everex_24.html

One system I found particularly attractive was the ACi
Ultra-mini, mostly for its extra option for powering
the laptop.

"ACi Ultra-mini - It's not clear whether the ACi
Ultra-mini will be available outside of India, but I
certainly hope so. This little computer features a
solar panel that is suppose to help extend the
machine's battery life to as much as 12 hours."

I'm going camping over Memorial Day Weekend and had
been pricing portable solar panels for just this sort
of purpose.  If you're interested in portable solar
power for your travel and camping needs, I did find
one fairly good deal on a 5W solar panel, currently
marked down to about $99.

"Emergency Portable - 5W Flexible Solar Panel"

http://www.campinggeardepot.com/store-products-PF-5R-Emergency-Portable---5W-Flexible-Solar-Panel_40419412.html

TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/6pm4rs

Add a 12V inverter for another $20-$40 and you can
take your laptop anywhere.