Box stops communicating with switch on reboot

Richard Hedgepath rdhedgepath2 at kc.rr.com
Fri Dec 10 22:31:34 CST 2004

No answer, but I have experienced a similiar issue with my SuSE 9.0 box
using a SMC wireless router.

Every time I would reboot the SuSE box, the router would loose
connection with the cable modem/Internet.  I could access the AP from
SuSE or Windows with a browser and reset the AP.  The AP would then
reconnect to the cable modem/Internet.  My Windows box was unable to
access the Internet as well, so the problem was not with the SuSE box.
This problem did not occur when rebooting the Windows box.

I had been using a Netgear router up until this time with no issues.

Before this problem occured, I had planned on rebuilding my SuSE box
within a week so I did not dig into the problem.  I have not had this
issue since I rebuilt my SuSE box.