Box stops communicating with switch on reboot

Daniel Siemens Dsiemens at KCIMPLANTS.COM
Tue Dec 7 08:38:18 CST 2004

Which models?

-----Original Message-----
From: kclug-bounces at kclug.org [mailto:kclug-bounces at kclug.org] On Behalf
Of Patrick M
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 8:15 AM
To: kclug at kclug.org
Subject: Box stops communicating with switch on reboot

Hi I have a couple of netopia routers with 4/8 port switches. When  I
take down my linux box and reboot, it won't connect unless I reset the
switch.

This in itself was livable I am the admin, I just have to remember to
reset the switch or have someone else do it if I am not on site.
Now, I reloaded an XP box on a linksys switch that is having the same
problem.

Is there something I am missing on this. do I need to open a port on the

computers so the switches can see them easier? They end up working after

resetting the switch, not something easy to do or remember every time
you or your users reboot.