Dell Linux Engineering

D. Hageman dhageman at dracken.com
Tue Dec 7 09:43:04 CST 2004

I see what you are saying now.

Let me play Devil's advocate.

In this sue happy country, would you immediately admit fault in a
situation like this?  I am sure it is standard procedure to make claims
that your product couldn't possibly do that.  I am sure IBM would react
the same way.

In general, in  tech support issues they are very good.  I can't tell you
how many times I have used my next-day on-site warranty.  You call them up,
say "Hey, I am a computer guy ... I just got down running all your
diagnostics, this is the results.  Give me XXXX".  It usually takes them
longer to setup the repair ticket then for me to get what I want.

My laptop is my #1 most important piece of computing hardware.  I can't
take time to send it in and wait in some queue for repairs.  Worse ... I
can't risk having it damaged (or cost me more money) in shipping it back
and forth.